Background The Barossa hills village of Keyneton was pioneered by pastoralist Joseph Keynes in 1842. It became a musical and cultural focus for early settlers, such as the Henschke Family Brass Band and the Henschke Winery. This brass band survived generations and featured wonderful wind instruments such as a B flat Euphonium, Cornet and E flat Clarinet, which have been restored and are still in the family. The historic Keyneton district has been the home of up to seven wineries during its period of settlement. The Euphonium The B flat Euphonium, a large brass wind instrument, was made by the famous Zimmermann factory in Leipzig, Germany, in the late 19th Century. A musical entrepreneur, Carl Engel of Adelaide, was responsible for importing musical instruments into South Australia at this time. It has a deep amber coloured lacquer and is adorned with decorative metalwork on the body and slides not seen on more recent instruments. Again it has a warmer and more subtle tone quality than its modern counterparts. Vintage Description Good winter and spring rains continued on to our hottest summer on record. Occasional timely thunderstorms offered a few millimetres of wonderful refreshing rain. Vintage began two to three weeks early providing only average yields but exceptional reds.