This document describes the information we collect about you and what may happen to that information. By using the Organic Wine website (organicwine.com.au), you accept this policy as set out below.
Personal information collected by Organic Wine Pty Ltd ("Organic Wine") is treated as confidential and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection of personal information
When you e-mail us:
- we will record your e-mail address
- we will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list, unless you request us to do so
- we will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose
- we will not disclose it without your consent.
Other personal information collected by us, for example through the use of an on-line form, will only:
- be collected by lawful and fair means
- be used for a lawful purpose
- be collected with your consent, and
- the purpose for collection should be clear and explicit.
Security of information
Your personal information will not be released unless the law permits it or your permission is given. We provide a secure environment and a reliable system but you should be aware that there may be inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. For those who do not wish to use the Internet, Organic Wine provides alternative ways of obtaining and providing information.
Advice about the Internet and personal information can be found on the Privacy Commissioner's web site: www.privacy.gov.au.
Purpose of Collection
Organic Wine collects information necessary to provide you with a quality service, to maintain and to improve customer service and to advise you of our products.
In the course of providing you with this service, we may disclose your information to:
- contractors or third party providers providing services related to the delivery of your wine.
- contractors or third party providers providing services related to your attendance at a wine tasting.
- banks and financial institutions for the purpose of processing your order and obtaining payment.
We will only disclose your personal information to these parties for the primary purpose for which it was collected. In some circumstances Organic Wine is entitled to disclose your personal information to third parties without your authorisation such as law enforcement agencies or government authorities.
Access to your Information
You may gain access to your personal information by a written request to Organic Wine.
Site visit data
This site is operated by Organic Wine through the use of an external hosting service provider.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider's logs.